Practical Band Launch Guide
Clarify your artistry and start your band! Learn how to lead musicians and break ground with the Practical Band Launch Guide.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Prep Work – Page 3: (Start here if you’re brand new to being an artist) A band is like any other team. For any team to be successful, the leader must know and be able to communicate the purpose, vision, and what success looks like.
2. The People – Page 8: (Start here if you want to know about working with musicians) Learn how to find and work with musicians. I’m not going to teach you basic skills like networking here, but you will get great advice to make sure you maximize the return on your efforts.
3. Your Bare Bones Plan – Page 15: (Start here if you’re an experienced artist) All you need is a simple plan to get started! No frills. You’re going to get the information you need to act.
4. Adding Gas to The Fire – Page 20: Now that you have taken the first steps in getting your band started, here you will learn more about running your band and my two cents for musical success.
5. Leadership – Page 22: Learn what you need to avoid common issues that cause many bands to dissolve and what I’ve learned about being a good bandleader.